There’s an overwhelmingly lingering and horribly gut-wrenching feeling bubbling within you and it’s telling you that you’ve stuffed it – everything – up.
You went left, when you should have gone right. Zigged when you should have zagged. Said ‘yes’ when you should have said ‘no’.
And because of it, you’ve hurtled light-years off the path you’re meant to be on; the path that was going to bring you peace, happiness, enlightenment, love, bliss, contentment and abundance in every shape and form.
But is this feeling the voice of your deep, wise, all-knowing and ever-loving inner self talking? Or … your deepest fears?
To help you navigate the path ahead, I’ve included six journaling prompts that will help you tap into your inner truth and intuition and guide you towards your destiny and dreams.
Grab a notebook and pen and tackle these prompts one at a time. You’ll know when you’re done because there will be a sense of completion and understanding.
Your journaling prompts
- Is your current path making you happy? Why or why not?
- If it’s not making you happy right now, is it part of your long-term plan (which in a few steps/weeks/months/years time, will make you happy?)
- Do you feel a sense of purpose right now? I.e. you’re fulfilling your calling and/or contributing to the greater good of (wo)mankind.
- Are you enjoying the journey?
- Would you regret not following this path?
- Do you feel empowered, inspired and moved?
How to tell if you’re on the right path
If, when you review your journal entries you discover that you’ve answered ‘yes’ (in some form) to these questions, then this might be a good sign that you’re on the right path.
But, a disclaimer: I truly believe that there is no single ‘right’ path. Wherever you are, right now, is where you’re meant to be and there are lessons and blessings in your current situation. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t actively direct your life towards your dreams. You can.
Hopefully these journaling prompts will help you gain clarity on whether you’re moving towards – or away – from your soul’s calling.